Tap Here To Call Us

If you or a family member has been involved in a motor vehicle accident, it is important that you obtain proper legal advice to ensure your rights are protected.

If you have been hurt in a motor vehicle accident, you can make a claim to your insurance company for accident benefits. If you are passenger and don’t have an insurance company of your own, you can make a claim to the insurance company of the vehicle you were travelling in or any other vehicle involved in the accident.

In Ontario, there are two types of claims that injured car accident victims can make:

– Accident Benefits Claims, also called NO FAULT CLAIMS
– Tort Claims, also called third party or AT FAULT CLAIMS

Accident Benefits Claims (No Fault Claims)

Minor Injury Guidelines (MIG)

Your  insurance company may attempt to convince you that you only have access to $3,500.00 for all  your medical treatment needs. At Trianta Law  we are industry leaders in gathering the necessary medical evidence to open the door to up to $65,000.00 for medical treatment for our clients. Don’t take your insurance company’s word for it!

Catastrophic Injuries (CAT)

In some cases, a person’s physical and/or psychological injuries from an accident are so severe that they can be considered catastrophic. Not every injury lawyer in Ontario has experience dealing with catastrophic injuries. At Trianta Law we specialize  in assembling the most  qualified team of medical and rehabilitation professional to ensure that catastrophically injured people have the support they need. Dealing with catastrophic claims is a complicated process which will often require the lawyer to fight vigorously with  the insurance company since  the medical benefits available for the catastrophically injured are $1,000,000.00. Trust Trianta Law and their past experience of dealing with many catastrophically injured people to ensure your case gets the care and attention  it deserves.

Tort Claims (At Fault Claim)

If the automobile accident in which you were  involved was not your fault, you might also have the right to make a claim against the at fault party in addition to your accident benefits claim. This is called a tort claim. A tort claim can provide compensation for things like pain and suffering, lost wages, lost opportunity, housekeeping assistance, delayed schooling or delayed entry into the workforce, along with any other expenses not paid for by the accident benefit insurer. The laws in Ontario severely restrict a person’s ability to pursue a tort claim. Because the team at Trianta Law has vast experience dealing with such complex auto accident claims, and a solid reputation as one of the most highly regarded auto accident law firms in Ontario, we can ensure  that your claim is dealt with professionally and solidly to obtain the best results.

To discuss your accident benefits claim or tort claim, contact us.